Search This Blog

Welcome to my blog

Hi
Am glad you could find time to visit my blog. This blog is a collection of all my poems I find inspiring. Some written by me (not that am that skillful but I just love putting down some few lines), while the others are by family friends, colleagues, family members, etc who graciously added theirs to my collection.
I hope you will find them interesting and inspiring as I do. Also some few lines of your comments about each post will be well appreciated.
Once again, a BIG WELCOME! to you.

Sunday, August 21, 2011

YOU'RE THE ONE

Downhill and uphill
My path has always been,
But I keep on going
Because I have a friend
whether I'm loudly praised
Or if critics should blame,
I have a constant friend
Who is each day the same.
I oft say to myself
When slightly discouraged,
"But you have a real friend",
And that grants me courage.
I'm not a good loser,
I really love to win
But either way I know
I have a changeless friend. 




Written By 
Perry Tanksley

10 comments:

  1. Very impressive.
    Friends are everything to me too but I can't express my feelings in such a beautiful way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. friendship is something unique !.... and this poem reflects so well what friendship means a lot ... like me .... thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am simpal man i want make friend whether I'm loudly praised
    Or if critics should blame,because do help a friend
    I oft say to myself i am not a good loserI really love to win
    But either way I know
    I have a changeless friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. poetry is cool! its meaning is very profound!
    "You are the one" by Perry Tanksley!
    i will remeber!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very impressive.
    Friends are everything to me too but I can't express my feelings in such a beautiful way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. friend's can make our life enjoyable. friendship is best relationship in the world.

    I really love my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice poem and it has shown importance to friendship. Its really beautiful to read.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice poem indeed. And to be able to talk about friend and friendship in such a poetic manner is a truly rare skill.

    ReplyDelete
  9. True friendship is rare, but till there, Nice.

    ReplyDelete